Last Updated October 30, 2018
Under the legal purposes of General Data Protection Regulation, EU 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act by the United States of America (collectively as “the Acts”), RockMe LLC is set as the Data Controllers of this Privacy document and its inherent procedures.
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Website. We collect information from end users of the Website, Application, Product and Services in the following ways:
We collect and store any information you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
● Account Registration. When you register for an account on our Website or Application (“Account”),, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, username, password and telephone number as part of the registration process.
● Payment Information. When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We currently use Apple payment and Google Play Store. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
● User Content. You may publicly post content on our Services. In this case, you agree that your profile information and the content you post may be viewed and used by other users and third parties we do not control.
● Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
● We also collect other types of information you provide to us voluntarily, such as your Product’s version and registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Product and Services.
● We also collect any personal information at other points on Services that indicate that personal information is being collected.
● Usage of our Services. We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with our Website, Application, Product or Services.
● Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
● Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
● Improve, personalize, and expand our Services;
● Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
● Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
● Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
● Process your transactions;
● Send you text messages and push notifications;
● Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
● Find and prevent fraud; and
● For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
● Shared Access Features. Our Services may allow users to share certain administrative or operative features and functions of their Account and Product (“Shared Access Features”) with other users. For example, our Services may enable users to share control of their RockMe Gadgets and features of the Product with other users.
● Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers (including Apple App Store and Google Play Store) that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
● Advertising. We may (now or in the future) work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
● Third-Party Partners. We also share information about users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly available information about you.
● Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
You may access other third-party services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
RockMe is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
As requested by the Acts, We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
As the Acts provides, you have the full right accessing to certain information associated with your Account sending as an email. If you terminate your Account, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could: inhibit RockMe ability to comply with a legal obligation; inhibit RockMe ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to RockMe or a third party.
If you are a resident of the Acts, you have the following data protection rights:
● If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing us.
● In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us.
● You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing us. ● Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
● You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 9 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 9, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 9 may provide any personal information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 9 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under 9, please contact us at email@example.com.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. For personal data we receive from the EEA and Switzerland, RockMe respects the compliance to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S.